Multigenerational living is on the rise, with more families choosing to live together under one roof. Whether it’s grandparents moving in with their adult children and grandchildren or adult children moving back home with their parents, this trend is changing the way that Atlanta home builders are designing and building homes. In this article, we’ll explore how Atlanta home builders are adapting to the rise of multigenerational living.
- Flexibility in Design One of the ways that Atlanta home builders are adapting to multigenerational living is by providing flexibility in their home designs. This may include things like extra bedrooms, Atlanta Custom Home Builders suites with separate entrances, and additional living areas that can be converted into bedrooms. These features allow families to create separate living spaces within the home, giving each generation their own privacy and independence.
- Universal Design Another way that Atlanta home builders are adapting to multigenerational living is by incorporating universal design principles into their home designs. Universal design refers to designing homes that are accessible and functional for people of all ages and abilities. This may include things like wider doorways and hallways, lower countertops and cabinets, and stepless entryways. By incorporating these features, builders can create homes that are comfortable and safe for everyone who lives there.
- Technology Technology is also playing a role in the design of multigenerational homes. Builders are incorporating technology that allows different generations to live together comfortably. For example, smart home technology can allow older family members to control the temperature and lighting in their bedroom or living area without having to leave their room. This technology can also allow for remote monitoring of the health and safety of older family members.
- Outdoor Living Spaces Another way that Atlanta home builders are adapting to multigenerational living is by incorporating outdoor living spaces into their home designs. Outdoor living spaces, such as covered patios or outdoor kitchens, provide additional areas for families to gather and spend time together. This can be especially important for families who may need additional space to accommodate multiple generations.
- Community Amenities Finally, Atlanta home builders are also incorporating community amenities into their home designs. This may include things like community centers, walking trails, and parks. These amenities provide families with additional spaces to gather and spend time together outside of their homes.
In conclusion, multigenerational living is on the rise, and Atlanta home builders are adapting to this trend by providing flexibility in their home designs, incorporating universal design principles, using technology to create comfortable living spaces, incorporating outdoor living spaces, and providing community amenities. By designing homes that are functional and comfortable for families of all sizes and ages, Atlanta home builders are helping to meet the evolving needs of modern families.